We have received the electronic copy of our auction booklet. It provides some details on the event as well as lists some of the fabulous items that can be bid on.
The latest copy of the Lakeshorian for April 2nd now available here.
The annual Alan Liddiard speaking contest will be held on April 2, 2019 at 19:00 hours in the Pointe- Claire Holiday Inn.
The talks will be four to six minutes in length. With our own
Cameron Sherry acting as MC and Phil Mehot from Toast Masters as the chief judge.
Potential topics include:
- Will there be a climate change?
- Should students become politically active?
- Is free trade among Canadian provinces a possibility?
- Should school boards be replaced in the province of Quebec?
- Should students be consulted on the use of Cannabis?
- Should two students (one from Sec. 4 and the other from Sec. 5) be elected to serve as student commissioners?
First prize: $300 for the student and a $600 donation to a charity of their choice
Second prize: $200 for the student and a $300 donation to a charity of their choice
Third prize: $100 for the student
Three students will be competing. Contestants and their families were requested to be present by 18:45 and supper will be served at 19:00. The Rotary Club of Montreal-Lakeshore will cover the meal costs of the student, one school representative and two parents.
Our new calendar has gone live with upcoming events and is up to date through the end of the Rotary year.
Check it out here or navigate from the sidebar.